A 552 page bi-annual reference book on skills development in South Africa. Published: March 2010. Pages: 552 A4. Publisher: RainbowSA. ISBN 978-0620-46246-4.
The 2010/11 edition of The National Skills Development Handbook is South Africa's primary annual reference book on skills development. It is a massive 552 pages of beautiful, full colour A4 help, weighing 1,4 kg). The Handbook is printed in full-colour, extensively illustrated with supporting charts and diagrams, and includes The National Training Directory with over 120 of South Africa's leading HR & Training providers.
New in this edition:
- The new Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET) takes over responsibility for skills development
- The latest proposals on how the Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) will operate, including new draft information on Development Quality Partners, Assessment Quality Partners and Assessment Sites
- The launch of the QCTO on 23 February 2010
- DHET plans for the FET and skills development sector
- Extension of NSDS II and SETA licensing
- Organisational information covering the National Skills Authority (NSA), SETAs, CHEs, Umalusi, and SAQA
- 30 training provider advertisements updated plus 30 new advertisements
View publication online here.